Sultan Abdul Aziz (1861-1876) ruler of the Ottoman Empire awarded the medal to Amir Dost Mohammad Khan ruler of Afghanistan (1826-1863) in recognition and appreciation for the assistance given by the Afghan ruler during and after the Crimean war.
Ahmad Beh was the emissary of the Ottoman Empire who delivered the medal on behalf of the Turkish Sultan.
- 20 Emeralds.
- 376 Diamonds of different sizes.
- 47 Diamonds in each leaf and there are eight leafs.
- The inscription in the centre of the medallion is 14 carat gold.
- Amir (King) Dost Mohammad Khan. (1826-1863)
- Amir (King) Sher Ali Khan. (1863-1879)
- Amir (King) Yaqub Khan (1879- abdicated and lived in exile)
- Nisar Ahmed Khan (1921-1990)
- Imran Ahmed Khan (Present) 1990-to date